Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ornamentizing and Other Stuff

I have seven grandchildren and make each of them an ornament each year. I try to have the finishing completed by Thanksgiving. I really should do it as I stitch the ornaments, but I always procratinate.I would much rather stitch them than finish them and I HATE to sew on cording because it takes forever. I only have three more to do the finishing on and all the grandkids are finished.






I've made some progress on Jan's Quaker Silence design. I'm really pleased with it. It's slow going because 40 ct. takes me forever.


And Blue Ribbon's Peppermint Twist is nearing completion finally.

Thanks for the comments and Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful ornaments, Kathy! Quaker Silence is looking grand and you are so close to a finish on Peppermint Twist! Go Kathy!

Robin

Siobhán said...

Beautiful ornaments, Kathy! Quaker Silence looks great, as does Peppermint Twist. I really should pull mine out & finish it. I love seeing the ornaments that you do for your grands each year.

Dawn said...

Oh they're beautiful. I never try cording ~ too chicken. LOL Come on you can do it with BBD's Peppermint Twist. Not long now!!! I'm curious how's my elephant doing? ~ Dawn ~

Jan said...

Lovely, just lovely finished ornaments, Kath!! You are doing well, congrats!

Love your progress on QS and not long Peppermint Twist will be a grand finish. They are both gorgeous!

Deb said...

What wonderful ornaments! And such a great momento from you to them. Something for them to always treasure. Quaker Silence looks great and you're so close to finishing Twist! It looks great too!

wot said...

I love all your ornaments and Peppermint Twist even more!

Brigitte said...

Your ornaments look really great. I'm like you - when the stitching is done I start procrustinating. Forever. I don't like the finishing but I like the finished projects so I'm always in a kind of dispute with myself, lol.