Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I know it has been forever since I posted, but since then my life has been completely turned upside down. My beloved husband of 45 years passed away suddenly in August. I find myself faced with all kinds of challenges because I was very spoiled. Thank goodness for my two daughters, their husbands, my 7 grandchildren, and the rest of my family.


My stitching and blogging mojo is slowly returning. Spending a week with Jan helped a lot. We stitched and shopped til we dropped. While I was there we took some of my pieces to her wonderful framer.

Quaker Lady
                                              
 

Beauty and Grace by Tree of Life Samplings

                                                                            
 
Peppermint Twist
by Blue Ribbon Designs
                                                
 
I haven't done much stitching for two reasons. One is most of the pieces are on 40 ct which really slows me down and the other is because I'm having trouble concentrating. But I'm improving. Here are some of my works in progress.
Earth Sampler
by Primitive Needle
on 40 ct Ale linen
                                            
I'm stitching this in a SAL with some online friends in Lisa's memory.
 
Penny America
by Tree of Life Samplings
on 40 ct Macadamia Nut linen
                    I'm loving this and can't wait to get it finished.
 
Waiting for the Harvest
by Blackbird Designs
on Tree of Life Pumpkin Creme linen
with Weeks Kris' Bon Bon 
  
 
Yesterday was my oldest grandson Wiley's 16th birthday. I can't believe he is that old already.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.
Until next time Happy Stitching,
Kathy

7 comments:

Cindy's Stitching said...

Sorry for your loss Kathy. It takes times to find a new normal. The framed pieces are beautiful. Have a blessed christmas season.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Hi Kathy :)
I've been thinking about you....
I love your quaker lady...she turned out darling! And your beauty and grace, love the frame! All your WIPS are stunning too and will be done in no time! I know this is a hard time with the holidays and all...my granny and aunt passed right at Christmas my granny in 2002, my aunt in 2003. The priest told us the most lovely thing...."just think they truly are home for Christmas"....it eased my heart....perhaps it will ease yours. Love and hugs,
Vonna

Jan said...

Hey dear friend! It goes without saying, but I will anyway, you are always in my thoughts and prayers. You are one of the strongest people that I know and you have done so much on your own, that I know that Tom is most proud of you!

I adore that Quaker Lady design and your Beauty and Grace turned out pretty, as did the BRD project! Got a lot done, and your new things are coming along great. Won't be long until you are once again stitching into the wee hours and getting lots done!

Wiley is a most handsome 16 year old! Keep him young, if you can! lol

love, jan

Anonymous said...

Your pieces look great, Kathy. The frames show off your pretty stitching. Glad to see you stitching a little more. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Love and hugs, Candace

Siobhán said...

((((((((((((((Kathy))))))))))))) I think of you and pray for you & your family often.

I'm glad that you're getting your mojo back. Your WIPs are sooo pretty and I LOVE your framed pieces!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous framing, good looking WIPs! Your grandson is very handsome! Thinking of you!

Robin

Terri said...

Kathy,

I am so sorry for your loss.