Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry Christmas- a Little Late

Christmas was a very difficult time emotionally for us since my husband passed away in August. My girls and grandkids were missing their dad and grandpa, and we all shed some tears but managed to keep our usual holiday traditions.
There were happy times too. We went to Mass, had dinner together, and exchanged gifts at my house Christmas Eve. I went to DD Beth's for brunch on Christmas and DD Laura's for dinner.








I managed to get ornaments made for all 7 grandchildren and gave them to them on Thanksgiving so they could put them on their trees.



Some dear friends get ornaments each year too.






This week I've been working on Penny America to hopefully get it finished before the ball drops on New Years Eve, but I don't think that's going to happen. I think I'm the world's slowest stitcher on 40ct.


Until next time I wish you all a Happy New Year and happy stitching!

Kathy

6 comments:

Jan said...

I think all of that you have accomplished these last few months, is just short of amazing, dear friend!!

Love the pics of the kiddos and they sure look happy with their gifts!!

Wishing you a peaceful and joy-filled New Year! And best of luck getting that piece done, I know you can do it, I am cheering you on!

Love, Jan

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Look at all those GORGEOUS ornaments and that Penny America is looking awesome! Way to go KATHY!!! And a merry new year to you!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous ornaments you created this year! Wishing you a peaceful 2012!

Robin

Anonymous said...

Love the ornaments you created for your grandkids and friends. Takes me longer to stitch on 40 ct too, Kathy. You are making great progress and will be finished before you know it. Wishing you a Happy New Year! Hugs, Candace

Siobhán said...

(((((((((((((((Kathy))))))))))))) I'm sure it was a hard Christmas--very bittersweet. I'm glad that you enjoyed yourselves between the tears.

Your stitching looks great! Congrats on the finish. I'm cheering you on towards your Penny America finish!

Melissa said...

Great ornaments! Everything looks beautiful. Keeping my fingers crossed you get Penny America finished before the ball drops! Happy New Year!